ElastiCache is a managed caching service provided by AWS that helps in deploying in-memory cache in the cloud. Redis is one of the caching engines that is supported by ElastiCache. Automatic backup of ElastiCache Redis clusters ensures that data is backed up periodically so that it can be restored in the event of data loss. The security best practice is to enable automatic backup for ElastiCache Redis clusters. This helps in preventing data loss and allows for faster recovery in case of any issues.
To ensure that ElastiCache Redis clusters have automatic backup turned on, you can follow the below steps:
- Open the Amazon ElastiCache console
- In the navigation pane, choose "Redis" under "Cache clusters".
- Select the Redis cluster that you want to configure.
- In the "Configuration" tab, choose "Modify".
- Under "Backup", select "Yes" for "Automatic backups".
- Choose the backup retention period as per your requirement.
- Choose "Apply immediately" and then "Modify cluster".
Once the changes are made, ElastiCache Redis cluster will have automatic backup enabled. This will ensure that your data is regularly backed up and can be restored in case of data loss or other issues.
Note: Remediation steps provided by Lightlytics are meant to be suggestions and guidelines only. It is crucial to thoroughly verify and test any remediation steps before applying them to production environments. Each organization's infrastructure and security needs may differ, and blindly applying suggested remediation steps without proper testing could potentially cause unforeseen issues or vulnerabilities. Therefore, it is strongly recommended that you validate and customize any remediation steps to meet your organization's specific requirements and ensure that they align with your security policies and best practices.