Enabling the Copy Tags to Snapshots feature on your Amazon Relational Database (RDS) instances ensures that any tags assigned to your database instances are automatically copied to any automated or manual RDS snapshots created from those instances. This allows you to efficiently manage metadata and access policies across your snapshots and instances. Additionally, once this feature is enabled, tags can be automatically copied to all future copies of an AWS RDS snapshot, including cross-region snapshots.
Here are the remediation steps to ensure that your Amazon Relational Database (RDS) instances make use of the Copy Tags to Snapshots feature:
- Log in to the AWS Management Console and navigate to the Amazon RDS console.
- Select the RDS instance for which you want to enable the Copy Tags to Snapshots feature.
- Click on the "Modify" button in the "Instance actions" dropdown menu.
- Scroll down to the "Backup" section and expand it.
- In the "Backup retention period" section, select the checkbox for "Copy Tags to Snapshots".
- Click on the "Continue" button and review the summary of changes.
- Click on the "Modify DB instance" button to apply the changes to your RDS instance.
Once you have enabled the Copy Tags to Snapshots feature, any tags you assign to your RDS instance will be automatically copied to any automated or manual snapshots that are created from that instance.
Note: Remediation steps provided by Lightlytics are meant to be suggestions and guidelines only. It is crucial to thoroughly verify and test any remediation steps before applying them to production environments. Each organization's infrastructure and security needs may differ, and blindly applying suggested remediation steps without proper testing could potentially cause unforeseen issues or vulnerabilities. Therefore, it is strongly recommended that you validate and customize any remediation steps to meet your organization's specific requirements and ensure that they align with your security policies and best practices.