OpenSearch clusters require high availability to ensure continuous availability of data and services. To achieve this, it is recommended to use Multi-AZ deployment configurations. This ensures that if one Availability Zone (AZ) goes down, another AZ is available to handle the traffic, providing redundancy and minimizing downtime. Ensuring that your OpenSearch clusters are using Multi-AZ deployment configurations can help you achieve high availability and reduce the risk of data loss or downtime.
To remediate the issue of not having OpenSearch instances spread across Multi-AZ in Production, follow these steps:
- Log in to the AWS Management Console and navigate to the Amazon OpenSearch Service.
- Select the OpenSearch cluster that you want to modify.
- Click on the "Configuration" tab, and then click on the "Domain Details" section.
- Scroll down to the "High availability" section and ensure that "Enable zone awareness" is selected.
- Select the number of Availability Zones that you want to use for your OpenSearch cluster.
- Click on the "Update" button to save your changes.
By following these steps, you can ensure that your OpenSearch instances are spread across Multi-AZ in Production. This can help you achieve high availability, minimize downtime, and reduce the risk of data loss.
Note: Remediation steps provided by Lightlytics are meant to be suggestions and guidelines only. It is crucial to thoroughly verify and test any remediation steps before applying them to production environments. Each organization's infrastructure and security needs may differ, and blindly applying suggested remediation steps without proper testing could potentially cause unforeseen issues or vulnerabilities. Therefore, it is strongly recommended that you validate and customize any remediation steps to meet your organization's specific requirements and ensure that they align with your security policies and best practices.