We are a series A Cloud/DevOps startup, on a mission to make the cloud better for everyone. We help DevOps, SRE, and security teams predict the impact of cloud configuration changes, prevent downtime and security issues, and troubleshoot faster at scale. We closed our series A funding ($30M) earlier this year, we’re growing fast and things are great. But there’s just one thing missing: YOU!
We are looking for a brilliant, talented, enthusiastic VP of Engineering to join us and utilize strong leadership and management skills to lead our entire Engineering group.
You will collaborate with the executive team, define the R&D strategy and methodologies, and optimize the work processes and efficiency using agile methodologies.
A major responsibility of this position is leading the company's technology growth, developing the core infrastructure, recruiting, building, and retaining the best talent, and highly productive and efficient teams while supporting employee development.
What you will be doing:
- Be part of an exceptional executive leadership team.
- As a member of the company’s Engineering management, contribute to the company’s engineering culture by implementing best engineering practices.
- Managing the entire engineering team – lead multiple squad teams in a fast-paced, Agile environment to support our rapidly evolving business.
- Develop high-performance, fault-tolerant, scalable distributed software systems.
- Ensure 100% customer satisfaction through our product development, design, and deployment
- Manage the group’s metrics and OKRs based on R&D and company goals.
- Assist with the creation of a security and quality culture.
- Establish and implement methodologies and processes to ensure tech team productivity and code quality.
- Mentor and support the growth of Team leaders, individual contributors, and tech leads.
- Build solutions for complex, large-scale problems spanning over lots of different technologies like Python, Go, K8S, MongoDB, and cloud
- Design strategies for future development projects based on the company’s overall objectives and resources.
- Experience in managing and scaling R&D teams in a startup environment.
- Experienced leading +40 R&D organization (Including Software Engineers, DevOps, QA, etc.).
- Experience in building high-performance, fault-tolerant and large scale systems.
- Experience with building successful products while working together with product managers.
- Experience in building teams, hiring, coaching, and motivating staff through learning and development
- Vast Experience with cloud service providers (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Ability to balance business needs, a sense of urgency, and shipping high quality and pragmatic solutions
- Strong analytical skills and a sense of ownership/accountability
- Well versed in DevOps and Agile mythologies.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent work experience
- Experience working with customers worldwide.
- DevOps\Cyber industry experience – BIG advantage.