We are looking for a full-time R&D Project and Release Manager, reporting directly to the VP of Engineering.
As a Project and Release Manager you will be responsible for planning, leading, organizing, and motivating product and engineering teams, empowering them to achieve their goal: deliver capabilities that provide exceptional business value to users while maintaining high levels of performance and quality.
Our ideal candidate is a strong individual who is comfortable with managing several concurrent roadmaps in a fast-paced environment with ever-changing requirements and priorities, from inception to aftermarket.
If you are passionate about development processes and velocity and you think you can tame the engineering beast into a trained work horse, then this is the right challenge for you.
What will you be doing:
- Act also as the release manager.
- Drive projects and teams from the planning phase to the final release.
- Develop project plan, determine project barriers as well as risk management.
- Monitor project progress and proactively communicate project status, issues & risks to relevant stake holders.
- Conduct regular status meetings with all stakeholders, keeping the stakeholder’s needs and requirements continuously in view.
- Providing a real-time, comprehensive, and prioritized view of all projects
- Maintaining processes to ensure that project management documentation, reports and plans are relevant, accurate and complete.
- Assist in team development while holding teams accountable for their commitments and removing roadblocks to their work.
- Define and manage a process and push for ongoing process improvement initiatives to implement best practices.
- Support the Product and Solutions teams in managing customer expectations for release deliverables and stakeholder communications.
- Set the right methodology for how projects need to be planned, delivered, rolled out, monitored and communicated.
- Manage the lifecycle of our release projects - Map stakeholders, Kickoff, set time frame, scope, map risks, monitor progress, manage changes, escalate and communicate the progress of each project.
What will you need:
- B.A / B.sc – Mandatory (Fields of Computer Science, Industrial management - an advantage).
- 2-6 years of experience as a release / program / R&D project manager.
- Solid understanding of software development life cycle models as well as expert knowledge of both Agile and traditional project management principles and practices, and the ability to blend them together.
- Hands-on experience with Jira.
- Very effective interpersonal skills including mentoring, coaching, collaborating and communicating.
- Proven ability to lead software development projects and ensure objectives, goals, and commitments are met.
Prior experience with Cloud infrastructure software or SaaS offerings.